Kas Plateau

3 pink flowers on way to Kas plateau

What a beauty this place holds! Have you heard about the Valley of Flowers in the Himalayas in India? Kas plateau can be called the the Valley of Flowers of the Maharashtra state of India. It blooms with exclusive flowers every September. I went for a feast for my eyes on 20-September-2009, and took just breathtaking views of the heavenly place. Imagine how it feels to see a big natural process that occurs for just 20 days in a year! It's like seeing the GOD's showcase. To see the photos from there click Kas Plateau Photos.

The plateau is a muddy place that grows small flowering shrubs in monsoon. In the end of the monsoon, the shrubs give a bounty of flowers seemingly sprinkled by the almighty. Why don't I have a balloon to see it from above? Well, for now, you may enjoy the photographs taken from down on the surface.

I hope you will enjoy these magnificent flowers. I eagerly await your comments.

Beautiful road to Kas plateau

Daisy flower bed on way to Kas plateau

Morning Glory flower on way to Kas plateau

Sweet Clock Vine Flower [also known as White Lady, scientific name is Thunbergia Fragrans, Marathi name is Chimine, Malayalam name is Noorvan-valli, Tamil name is Indrapushpam]

Sweet nectar flower bunch enroute Kas plateau

3 Morning Glory flowers on way to Kas plateau

Close-up of a Sweet Clock Vine Flower [also known as White Lady, scientific name is Thunbergia Fragrans, Marathi name is Chimine, Malayalam name is Noorvan-valli, Tamil name is Indrapushpam]

How to reach there?
On NH-4, reach Satara city. Ask anyone how to go to Kas. There's a road in Satara, up from the state transport bus stop. It reaches a place named Rajwada. Driving up, you reach a short tunnel. Don't go in, but take right. The road will take you to Kas. It's about 25 kms from the tunnel.

When to go?
From mid September to mid October, roughly.

Precautions:
Carry raincoats if you are on bikes. Take safety measures as the road is from deep valleys initially.

Food and stay:
Only a couple of very basic hotels on the road. Nothing nearby to the Kas plateau. Carry your own food if you need to.

Guide:
Contact me, and I will arrange a tour for you. Write to bvcblog@gmail.com. I do undertake private tours to beautiful, natural and ancient places in and around Pune.

The photos above are nothing compared to the photos I have published in the next post. To see the next post, click Kas Plateau Photos.

28 comments:

  1. You are right this is a heavenly place, so pretty. Thanks for sharing this, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ENVY YOU.... in the goodway... of course! I love INDIA and the HIMALAYAS.... I wish I was there with you... but maybe one day you will organize a tour for me... in the meantime I will go to Malaysia next week and BORNEO for a wild tour.... I will post the photos when back,
    take good care, and thake many lovely photos...
    HELENA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scenes and flowers. I'm glad you were able to visit Kas Plateau at this time of year when the flowers are blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems you made your visit at the right time. All the pictures are truly beautiful. It was nice to be able to see some of this lovely place through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful flowers. That's a place I would love to visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous photographs. On the close-ups I can practically smell the scent of the flowers! You truly captured the beauty of the blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hawaii must salute this sister beauty!
    Namaste & Aloha, Friend!

    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  8. What amazes me, Bhavesh, is that I actually recognize some of those flowers! So it's like the Almighty connects the world through Nature!

    ReplyDelete
  9. superb photos! the flowers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a very nice photos,

    ReplyDelete
  11. You live in a very beautiful part of the world, such beauty. But, sorry, the only tour I will be able to take is from my easy chair, viewing your lovely photographs. I will be looking forward to the many more photographs of Kas. Thanks for sharing them, and thanks for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. belle collection de fleurs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your shots are great! the colores are so realistic and pure... I like to watch your work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous flowers!I have those little orange ones in my backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The place looks really great, I wish I could go there one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful place! Your closeups are gorgeous. You commented on my blog that my flowers were way better but I don't think so! You have some wonderful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, Am awaiting ur next post very badly...
    My Travelogue

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful flowers!!!!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really wonderful: it seems a paradise on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The 1st shot is simply gorgeous and the 3rd one reminds me of the yellow mustard fields throughout Rajasthan. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The 1st shot is simply gorgeous and the 3rd one reminds me of the yellow mustard fields throughout Rajasthan. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. difficult to choose which one is the best

    ReplyDelete
  23. I must say that these are outstanding photographs of a place I would never have been able to see. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the post; your shots are great! The colors are so realistic and pure... I like to watch your work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is simply amazing to see a valley of flowers appear in the Deccan plateau! Hope to see it one day with your help!
    Pictures are simply wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A lovely series of photos!
    Thank you so much for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/06/bath-time.html

    ReplyDelete