Oriental white-eye [Zosterops Palpebrosus] bird in leaves

We were thinking what to do with 2 hours spare time. Recalled from the past that we had decided to go to the old Katraj ghat whenever we have short time in hand. The old road is less used now because of the new by-pass created on the Bombay-Bangalore National Highway number 4 [NH4], just a kilometer from my home. We went there.

When we were about to reach the top road of the elephant mountain. We decided to take a break and enjoy the beauty of the valley. We stopped and were looking down the slopes when we spotted this cute fluffy blob jumping here and there in search of insects and nectar [its prime food]. Damn, I was feeling so sad that I don't have 8 lakh rupees [about US$18000]. I could have bought an 800 mm lens and could have taken a way better photo. Of course, my 250 mm lens is doing an excellent job. But 800 mm would have done just the magic of painting this pretty oriental white-eye bird.

Oriental white-eye [Zosterops Palpebrosus] bird in leaves
Oriental white-eye [Zosterops Palpebrosus] bird in leaves

17 comments:

  1. He is absolutely adorable! Such a delight for eyes. Great shot Bhavesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two splendid looks that of the photographer and that of the photographing.

    This small bird is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Yogesh: Thank you :) I'm so glad you liked it, Yogesh!

    @ MTA: Oh! I didn't note myself on the left side-bar!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a sweet shot Bhavesh! That bird has magic in its eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ sleeping beauty: Thanks :)

    @ blog with no name: Yes, really :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice one! i saw this one while in binsar... and was surprised i actually managed to get a decent pic with my digicam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you had a little time to spare - time to catch this beautiful little bird! The white of his eye completely captivated my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing shot...at first, I couldn't believe it was real. How do you manage to get these incredible photos? You must sit quietly for a very long time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Anu: I would like to see it; have you posted it on your blog? I love this bird :)

    @ Clytie: Same here! :)

    @ RNSANE: Actually, I must, but I usually don't :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ RNSANE: It's actually Megha who spots birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are such unbelievably beautiful bird species world over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true; and there are still many to be discovered!

      Delete
  12. Such a sweet bird, and a nice shot!
    Thanks for joining us this week at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/06/arty-sea-world.html

    ReplyDelete