Swallow bird picture

There are so many types of swallow bird that I am unable to count their sub-species. Personally, I have seen only 3 types of swallow birds.

The most common is the one with its skin like that of bats, and completely matt finished. The bird is almost invisible if it is sitting somewhere. While in flight, it looks like a small jet airplane ready for an attack.

The second most commonly seen is in the outskirts of Pune city, in the Western ghats. It is shiny deep blue in color and is a bit larger than the first one. The photo below is of this sub-species. Sorry, the photo doesn't have its back in frame, which has that shiny blue color. But the bird was not turning its back on me when I was getting closer to it to take its photograph.

Swallow bird picture
Swallow bird picture
Swallow bird picture

The third one is almost the same as the second one but has 2 wire-like feathers in the tail. It's called wire-tailed swallow. I don't have the names of the first two I have mentioned above. But all the 3 sub-species of the swallow birds I have seen are very beautiful and cute. Some swallow birds have mature faces however! I love swallow birds :) Do you?

6 comments:

  1. I just love them! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know about the bird but I like the pictures you take :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Yogesh: My pleasure :)

    @ Anu: :)

    @ Neha: Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous26 June, 2012

    That's a barn swallow

    ReplyDelete