Altocumulus

Be sure to search Altocumulus in Google; here is the direct link to search it — Altocumulus. You will be amazed to see what it is! I have summed it up as follows…

Alto means high and cumulus means heaped; thus the word is formed as Altocumulus. The clouds of Altocumulus are found at a height of 6000 feet to 20000 feet or 1800 meters to 6100 meters or 1.8 kilometers to 6.1 kilometers. These are not precipitation clouds. Technically, the clouds of Altocumulus are spherical or roll shaped clouds that are always in bunch and are spread in a beautiful pattern formation. Altocumulus lie above Stratocumulus and below Cirrocumulus [mackeral sky]. Often Altocumulus are followed by cold weather. Many times Altocumulus seen in the morning of warm and humid summer results in thunderstorms in the evening. This is so much of interesting information about Altocumulus, isn't it?

We were lucky to see this rare bunch of clouds of Altocumulus one evening. We did not miss it to photograph :) Here I present you with a photo showing Altocumulus. I hope you will like it :)

Altocumulus
Altocumulus
Altocumulus

8 comments:

  1. It is amazing! Looks like a painting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!! i was thinking of teaching samhith about the different types of clouds, and this seems just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me remember my childhood days when I used to imagine shapes out of clouds!!! :)
    Nomads of Chennai
    Fashion Panache - My 4" heels

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Yogesh: Really!

    @ Anu: I too learnt a lot while publishing this post :)

    @ Mitr Friend - Bhushavali: Same with me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waaw, thet sky is wonderful! very nice..

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Dejemonos sorprender: Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first my eyes were bothered by the intense patterns in the sky ... then I fell in love with the intense patterns in the sky! What a wonderful shot, and very interesting research to explain such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Clytie: Oh! Sorry for the trouble to your eyes. But so nice that you found the Altocumulus beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete