4 Black-winged Stilts AKA Common Stilt (Scientific Name: Himantopus Himantopus)

4 Black-winged Stilts AKA Common Stilt (Scientific Name: Himantopus Himantopus)

Black-winged Stilt is a beauty. Even though it is not a rare bird, for me it is rare because I do not remember seeing any black-winged stilt any time until about 1½ years back. We went to a bird-watching spot named Kavdi last to last December, where the abundance of birds almost took our breath away with their sheer number and unbelievable beauty. We spotted many different species of birds, one of them was the black-winged stilt.

A natural set-up of 4 black-winged stilts caught our sight. I turned my back towards them and started moving backward giving no clue to them that I was closing in. Megha and Deepak indicated to me about the right time. I slowly turned myself facing them and voila! I got a good shot :)

Here is a close-up photo to show the beauty of black-winged stilt
Black-winged Stilt AKA Common Stilt (Scientific Name: Himantopus Himantopus)

Get out of the scene you other bird! Are you a piper?

10 comments:

  1. excellent captures!


    Namaste & Aloha from Waikiki;

    BLOGGER is not updating my links again, so please come and visit; thanks!


    Comfort Spiral
    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photographs Bhavesh. Hope you are keeping well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Cloudia: Thank you Cloudia! Namaste & Mahalo from Pune. I surely will visit :)

    @ joo: Indeed :)

    @ The Abbot: It's an honor to know that you liked my photography. I'm doing great! How about you sir?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely...really sweet-faced bird :)

    Carmen sent me over; I just started my own photography blog....hope you'll visit sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty pretty..as if walkin in a line:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bhavesh, nice shots!

    Have you ever been to Datiware?
    if not u should definitely check it out.

    Its a proposed bird sanctuary... on the outskirts of Mumbai...

    it's just great in winters.. lot of migratory birds visit it's beach...

    Anyways great pictures...keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ BhavinPatel: Great note! I have never even heard of it. I will add it to my wishlist immediately. And I am sure that the amazing Black-winged Stilt must also be a regular visitor there along with many amazing birds. Thanks so much bro!

    ReplyDelete