Shikra AKA Little Banded Goshawk [Scientific Name: Accipiter Badius] - Bird of Prey

On way to Veer Dam, where Megha photographed me as One Man Crowd, a Shikra, not Shakira ;) caught our attention.

Shikra AKA Little Banded Goshawk [Scientific Name: Accipiter Badius] - Bird of Prey

Shikra is a small bird of prey, of hawk category. In some parts of the world, Shikra is called Little Banded Goshawk [in fact, may be considered a sub-species]. Shikra is found almost everywhere in Africa and Asia. Frankly, when I saw the Shikra for the first time a few years back, I thought that it was a falcon! Fool me :)

6 comments:

  1. Perfect shot is what I will say to that!

    P.S: You are not posting as often as you used to. Hope all's well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Neha: Actually, I'm disappointed because I could have photographed this better with a better lens. My current lens helped me too much, I must say however. And oh yes, I too said that to myself a couple of days back. The reason is that my office workload has increased, and I'm putting in more hours for some new responsibility. I am sure, I'll again have some free time in the very near future to post frequently. Thanks so much for your concern, Neha! You're a true admirer of my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beauty and in flight it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, he definitely looks like he is out searching for his next meal!

    Isn't it terrible, Bhavesh, when work interferes with our leisure time activities.

    Be sure to manage some free time when I get over to see you! I shall be most disappointed if we can't have a cup of chai ( or a cocktail, if you do that ) when I visit your area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ RNSANE: Ya, its eyes say it loudly.

    It IS terrible when work doesn't leave any leisure time. But things will change with time, and very shortly :)

    Of course, when we meet, we'll have a cup of chai together to celebrate your visit to India.

    ReplyDelete