21 Best Macro Photos taken at Bedse Caves

Macro photo of a honeybee just taking off from a tiny flower

We went to Bedse Caves again last weekend. Until now, we hadn't enjoyed the beautiful location of the caves in the monsoon season, and so were highly excited to take photographs of the beauty around. This time we focussed on the monsoon magic in the mountains. There are plenty of undiscovered species of flora and fauna in the mountains of Western Ghats. The short trip gave us an opportunity to record some of them on pixels. Macro photography helped! I hope you will enjoy the macro photos.

Macro photo of a leaf that has some green portion and big dry portion

Macro photo of a small leaf with different shades of green with sunlight on it

Macro photo of a tiny insect on tiny flowers

Macro photo of leaves that look like stitched perfectly

Macro photo of a crab with focus on its eyes

Macro photo of moss in a cave

Macro photo of a flower-stem that has lost all the petals

Macro photo of a growing fern

Macro photo of a half-eaten leaf

Macro photo of a hidden oriental garden lizard

Macro photo of a honeybee on tiny nectar-filled flowers

Macro photo of a small honeybee

Macro photo of a tiny butterfly

Notice the above photo carefully. There is a tinier bug on the tiny butterfly's wing! The butterfly was merely a centimeter or two sized. How small the traveller bug must be! Here is a closer look…

Macro photo of a tiny butterfly carrying even tinier insect on its wings

Macro photo of an ant

Macro photo of an oriental garden lizard

Macro photo of buddying leaves

Macro photo of moss on rocks

Macro photo of pink colored buddying leaves

Macro photo of tiny nectar-filled wild colorful flowers

23 comments:

  1. What wonderful macros. I especially like the ones of critters & flowers. Even I, with my lowly camera equipment, have gotten a few pretty good shots. My favorite, I'm using as my blog header. The Western Ghats will definitely afford you years of superb photographic opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carmen! The critters and flowers are my favorite too! I like different leaves and seeds as well.

      You have taken quite a brilliant photo Carmen; your blog header photo is quite amazing. Show me more if you have published anywhere. I will love to see more of your macro photography.

      You're right; the Western Ghats is a vast location with vast variety of everything a nature photographer asks for. And it is my backyard I should say :)

      Delete
  2. These are marvelous macro shots!
    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/08/orchids-variety-in-bloom.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great macro shots - I love those bees.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! I am really impressed, and a bit envious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie!

      I just saw your blog. You have done some amazing macro photography. Let's exchange the envy! :)

      Delete
  5. Fascinating the way some of these "critters" have contrasting colors on a portion of their bodies. One for bit of evidence that God is creative indeed!
    Thanks for linking up these lovely macros at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/08/say-yes-to-neigh.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly fascinating. And wonder what? We see only a fraction of many fractions of many small portions of the universe the GOD has created. How amazing the other portions of its creativity must be!

      Delete
    2. And my pleasure sharing the beauty in your linky list :)

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous shots! It's amazing what the macro lens can show if you only look for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a true interpretation of the capabilities of a macro lens. There is so much to see in the world that is unseen. Gone is the era when people went out to explore new land. I believe that passionate photographers want to see what the world is yet to see.

      Delete
  7. These are some amazing shots. The half-hidden lizard is quite intriguing. I like the subjects you picked--they are shots I'd take, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that you have liked the photos and especially the subjects I have chosen for macro photography.

      Do share with me the link where you will post your macro photos. I will love to see the photos :)

      Delete
  8. Excellent photos! I love the lizard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful macros, so much colour, shape and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing photos! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelleyn! Happy weekend to you too! 😊

      Delete