Kanda Bhaji from Sinhgadh (AKA Sinhgad, Sinhagad, Sinhagadh)

This is a very tasty food that we had on our trip to Sinhgadh last Saturday. Sinhgadh is a very well-known fort in Maharashtra state of India, and the second highest peak in the state. Perhaps, I should publish a post on it. But coming to the topic, Kanda Bhaji is highly tempting and mouth-watering. About 50% available food on the fort is this only. It's a typical Indian food — very spicy and oily. It actually is long-cut-onion dumplings, deep-fried, and served with red-chilly-powder-paste coated tiny onion pieces.

Here is the photograph that I took that day…

Kanda Bhaji

20 comments:

  1. this is yummy! perfect in this weather too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous03 July, 2009

    Looking delicious. A real mouth-watering dish..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must taste it Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joo,

    It's very yummy indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous03 July, 2009

    And if corriander chutney is present the taste is excellent. You made me hungry - Why ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks delicious; I would like to taste it. You have a beautiful website with many interesting photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kanda Bhaji: another twist to onion rings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like onion rings, but ours are more salty than spicy. I think I'd like this spicy dish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That does look very good...now I'm going to have to go make breakfast!

    I think a lot of calories?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course I had to log on when I'm starving. I would love to try this....Now's good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. seems delicios:) i love spicy food

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure that I would love Kanda Bhaji. I keep saying that I must have lived in India in a former life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. The way you describe this sounds so good. It's like eating a special "onion rings" =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hunger makes you feel the taste Hobo :) That's why I made you hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sure looks tasty, Bhavesh! Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/04/from-archives-jordan-lake.html.
    Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete