Save 105 Cars of Emission

I received an email newsletter from HP (Hewlett-Packard) that's quite interesting. I have posted it below…

The simple act of shutting down your computer when you are done for the day can make a world of difference. If we all commit to this one small change, we can reduce energy waste and curb carbon emissions. Join HP's Power To Change campaign and take an important step toward making the world a greener place today.

If 100,00 users shut down their work computers at the end of each day, energy savings could total more than 2,680 kilowatt-hours (kWh) and carbon emissions reductions could total more than 1,600 kilograms (kg) per day. This is the equivalent of eliminating more than 105 cars from the road each day.

Small changes can make a world of difference

Be a part of a global movement and engage in a community of like-minded individuals all making this change for the better. Download the Power To Change widget which reminds you to turn off your computer and keeps track of your energy savings. Here, you can also see the impact that you and the rest of the world are making on the environment.

Start today. Turn off your computer when you are done for the day and help spread the word.

19 comments:

  1. So easy to comply, and what a difference it makes. Good entry, Bhavesh! Did I tell you I put up your award, I am so proud of it, thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY good piece of information. I always put mine in hibernate. I will turn them off now! Thank you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good to know! Mine always ON all day long:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the information. I shut mine down every night but not during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice blog dude...please visit mine its:
    http://cosmichiq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep mine shut always when I´m not using it. I still think it makes the computer to last longer, nevermind the electricity...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before I get up from the computer, I always shut it down. Good info for all of us to do. Come see the bluebirds I posted today. A good bird blog in My Bird Blog by Abe Lincoln. His photos are close up and personal but alas he is a professional. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that is true, and I have been very lax about turning it off, wanting it instantly on...but with your reminder, I will try to shut it off each night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good reminder. We all need to make changes to save energy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good post Bhavesh. Such a simple idea, and if everyone did it, incredible savings worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The poeple who have the office suite next to mine leave all their loghts on over night and on weekends. Makes me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, really a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I started doing this a year ago, Bhavesh, and totally agree with the concept! Thanks for passing on the message!

    ReplyDelete
  14. something different and unique post :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for that information!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Return to basics ???
    I wish possible.

    ReplyDelete
  17. small steps bring huge changes!

    ReplyDelete