Bhuleshwar Temple

On Neha's request on my post on Bhuleshwar Temple, I'm posting one more photo of the mysterious view of Bhuleshwar Temple. I took many photos over there, and I will publish many more photos of Bhuleshwar Temple in future.

Bhuleshwar Temple is really mysterious; I clearly remember — one photo of a small sculpture of the carvings on the internal side walls of Bhuleshwar Temple was horrifying. The sculpture is probably of a lady. Someone had applied bright red kumkum [powdered turmeric mixed with a bit of slaked lime] on the ruined sculpture's forehead. I will publish that photo from Bhuleshwar Temple sometime in the future. For now, enjoy this photo of a boy holding turmeric powder and kumkum [religiously important in India]. This photo from Bhuleshwar Temple really has some power, in my view. What is your view?

Bhuleshwar Temple
Bhuleshwar Temple
Bhuleshwar Temple

12 comments:

  1. I've just voted, again!

    you have a premiun DARDOS here:

    http://meusamigosseusmimosmeusencantos.blogspot.com/

    Take it, please

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors in the box in contrast to the back ground and the little boy's expression - loved them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ OutrosEncantos: Thank you so so much! And I will collect the premiun DARDOS from your page.

    @ Cloudia: Mahalo from India!

    @ Neha: I'm glad you liked the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, I would need the knowledge of the religious reason to make a wise comment. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Lady Di Tn: No matter. You can write whatever you feel. Nothing religious here. There's only one religion in my opinion — the the religion of the universe. Nobody can define it. So speak up good lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. agai, lighting is the hero.....beautiful like a painting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Binoy Mathew: I'm glad that you liked the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you about religion, Bhavesh, I believe in the good of humanity and treating each other with respect - regardless of what deities we may worship.

    I like the picture of this young man, going to his temple to worship in the way in which he was brought up. It is touching to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ RNSANE: You are so wise in your thoughts Carmen! And about the picture, you might not believe, that the temple is more than 700 years old and that the boy is there not for worshiping but to indirectly give blessings to the visitors. He would apply the turmeric and kumkum to the visitors, and visitors would give him some money for his living.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous18 May, 2011

    Bhuleshwar mandir is nice palce , this is my netivplace

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Anonymous: Wow! That's great to know!

    ReplyDelete