Agrasen Maharaj

Have you seen my post of Shehnai Player? It's the same place I have taken the below photograph of Agrasen Maharaj, inside the temple. The happiest visitors of this post will be of a trader cast in India — the Agrawal community. Agrasen Maharaj is god for them, just like the endless universe is for me.

A temple of Agrasen Maharaj is built in a small town named Agroha. The town may be small, but it has ancient roots from the time of the very famous Mahabharat era. Agrasen Maharaj was a legendary king of Agroha. Agrasen Maharaj was born during the same time period as Lord Krishna.

Agrasen Maharaj
Agrasen Maharaj
Agrasen Maharaj

A 1 hour drive took us from Hissar to the giant, intricate and beautiful temple of Agrasen Maharaj in Agroha. One must visit the temple to see the real charm of Agrasen Maharaj's statue inside. The photo I have taken is merely a glimpse of the beauty that one will admire in real presence inside the temple standing in front of the very royal and rich Agrasen Maharaj. Actually the temple is not primarily of Agrasen Maharaj, but of a goddess. But in India, one temple may have many deities inside.

According to Bharatendu Harishchandra, the author of Agarwalon ki Utpatti [The origin of Agrawals] written in 1871, Agrasen Maharaj was a Suryavanshi Kshatriya [a fighter community]. He had 18 children who founded a cast named Agrawal.

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful statue. There are so many interesting places to see in your country, Bhavesh. I would be constantly on the go if I lived there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ RNSANE: I too believe so Carmen. Even if I keep traveling everyday, I won't be able to see everything in India! It's really incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I wish I could touch the hands that once worked on this statue. Excellent job man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i proud to be an agarawal

    ReplyDelete