Sparrow

It was unusual; we didn't imagine that we could photograph a sparrow while it was just taking off, just at the perfect time! A female sparrow was sitting a few feet away from us feeding on the spills of laddu [Indian sweet balls] that people were eating around. Megha asked me for camera. She focused and kept still for a while, and then released the shutter. What I saw in reward was the below photo of a sparrow.

Sparrow

I have photographed sparrow in the past, but those were usual photographs. See sparrow. The uniqueness in the photo of sparrow that Megha shot was that the sparrow was just taking off. Megha's timing was perfect, and so the photo was perfect. What say?

Correction: The sparrow in the above photo is not a female sparrow, but a male sparrow. RNSANE asked in the comments below, and I explained that the sparrow is female because it doesn't have black cap. But I didn't note that the overall colors indicate male gene. As far as the cap is concerned, I restudied sparrows again today and noted that male sparrow isn't identified by black cap, but only black beard and black area near eyes [seems like shades :)].

9 comments:

  1. It's the perfect shot, Bhavesh. Are you saying that Megha has more patience than you do? She certainly got the most incredible picture. The bird is so cute on its tippy toes, with wings outstretched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shadow is wonderful, too...it would be great posted for the Shadow Shot Sunday meme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you know it's a female?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ RNSANE:
    • Way more! As I have always said, she is way better than me in photography, and almost everything :) She is the best!
    • I must :) What is the link to Shadow Shot Sunday meme?
    • Her cap is not black. Male sparrow has black cap and black beard, not the long one, but just a patch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Mitr Friend - Bhushavali: Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a perfect candid shot!!! Hats off to Megha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ RNSANE: I'm so sorry; when Megha saw this post, she corrected me that this is a male sparrow. See the correction above, at the end of the post matter.

    ReplyDelete