Lightning Bolt

Soothing breezes today reminded me the times of monsoon. I don't know why, probably because I am born and brought up in the monsoon-blessed part of the world, but monsoon has a great effect on me, just like sun, moon, terrain, water, trees, flowers, birds, and almost everything. Have you ever wondered what these things are and why these things are like they are. Well, the amazement cannot be expressed in words, and that is not even the topic of this post.

What I was writing was the remembrance of my rendezvous with monsoon year after year. The bond is tightening as it is aging. The remembrance made me look for the past season's photographs. Although, there is a dedicated post that I published last season — see monsoon photos, I found 2 pre-monsoon photographs of lightning bolts. These photographs were also enough for me to feel the joy of the arriving season. It's not away; just around 12 days to go in my part of India. It must have reached the Lakshadweep already. Until it reaches me, let me share you the photographs of the last year's lightning bolts pre-monsoon.

Lightning Bolt

The above one was a very striking one. The one below was not so striking, but was the most beautiful one; see — it's a bunch of strings of lightning.

Strings of lightning bolts

9 comments:

  1. Monsoon already!!! You are lucky! Here, we have no respite from the maddening heat till end of July :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes, I loved the second picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Neha: The people further south are luckier! I wish I was living in Lakshadweep :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bhavesh...I love the shots! I can't ever get a good shot of lightening...I try and try!!
    :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Cheryl: I'm really glad that you loved the shots. Actually, photography of lightning is easier than believed to be. One needs patience, and that's it. Try it with a nice SLR. You'll get better shots than mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good captures. I like looking at lightening but I don't like it near me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That can be understood, but it's really not something to be feared off :)

      Delete
  7. I love your shots of the lightning! Nature even at her devastating fury is quite wonderful to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And beautiful too! Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete