Paper Lamps

We went to Jaipur a couple of months back. There was a festival going on along with an exhibition of handicraft. Most of the items were stunning. So were these paper lamps, or should I name them paper lamp shades. See how intricate and ethnic the work on the paper lamps is! It has a pure Indian touch, won't you say so?

Paper Lamps

I knowingly set my camera to take dark photographs to receive better colors using the bright light emitting from inside the paper lamps put on display at night.

Paper Lamps

What do you say? Was my setting correct?

Paper Lamps

8 comments:

  1. very nice find!



    Aloha from Honolulu

    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    ><}}(°>

    <°)}}><

    ReplyDelete
  2. They always attract me when I see them in Delhi haat! Somehow, have never bought one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Cloudia: Thank you Cloudia :)

    @ Neha: Probably the house to house it must be similarly designed. That might be the reason you never bought one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember seeing paper lanterns like this when we were in Jaipur many years ago, so thanks for bring back those memories for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so much more beautiful than any lampshades I've seen. I would absolutely like to have some. They remind me of some of Megha's drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Nutty Gnome: It's my pleasure to bring back those beautiful memories even though unknowingly :)

    @ RNSANE: They are beautiful indeed. Megha's drawings resemble to these because this is also a folk art :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love decoration of paper lanterns because paper lantern add aesthetics and glamor at related festivals. Paper lanterns are very common in some Asian countries.

    ReplyDelete