Grass Lily [AKA Eleven O'clock Lady, Nap at Noon, Star of Bethlehem] • Scientific name: Ornithogalum umbellatum

It was just by chance that I got this beautiful photograph. We were at Thoseghar Waterfall, and just when the crowd was starting to grow-up, we left for the main road, towards car parking. Walking along the road side, a rawly made house of someone had these grass lilies popping out near the entrance. We have these same grass lilies in many colours at home, which were gifted by my sister. Taking photos of these grass lilies was quite a joy! I hope you like the photo :)

Grass Lily [AKA Eleven O'clock Lady, Nap at Noon, Star of Bethlehem] • Scientific name: Ornithogalum umbellatum

16 comments:

  1. Whatever you want to call them, they are simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most beautiful wild flower which starts blooming in the rainy season but get lost after spreading their beauty when the rains stops. I wrote a Poem on them on my Poetry Soup page 'My Grass Daffodils". One can view that Poem by using following URL
    http://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/my_grass_daffodils_241823

    Thank you for reminding once again the beauty of this wonderful flower with its scientific names and a beautiful photo. With best wishes...Ravindra K kapoor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your valuable input in the blog post :) And your poetry is interesting indeed!

      Delete
  3. Divine Mother carries so many faces and each is beautiful in its own way. Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful how life, sometilmes, offers us these special rewards and reminds us that we have much for which to be thankful. I am thankful that you shared this field of flowers with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am thankful that you took out time and came by to visit the post, comment on it, and share some wise words! Thank you GOD for everything you have done for us all /\

      Delete
  5. Beautiful flowers. My grandmother was very knowledgeable about wildflowers and showed me something that looks quite similar growing in our area. She called them spring beauties.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2019/11/happy-veterans-day.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is soooooo interesting! I would have loved to travel with her to gain some priceless knowledge.

      Delete